What is Public Relations?
It's what the
public THINKS about a person or ORGANIZATION
I Like Him!
| I Dislike Him!
Is he polite?
Does he do a good job?
Is he interested in me?
EVERYONE has public relations
- good or bad..... whether they like it or not!
The art of getting along with people
public relations is simply putting your BEST FOOT forward
Remember, PR always starts with you!!
- By your Attitude towards yourself t and others
- By your knowledge of your subject to help others
- By your skill in communicating to others
No. 1. Most
important is your ATTITUDE toward yourself
6 Ways to test your PR ATTITUDE
1. Have you the desire to help others?
2. Do you express ENTHUSIASM when you talk with
3. Are you willing to Change EXPERIMENT....TRY new ideas
and be flexible?
4. Are you willing to work to discipline your thoughts
and efforts to get things done?
5. Do you want to GROW- to do a bit more than is expected
6. Have you a sense of HUMOUR so you don't take yourself
too seriously or think you know too much and can get FUN out
- and toward others
1. A re you really INTERESTED
in OTHERS and their purpose and problems
2. Do you try to UNDERSTAND others POINT OF VIEW .... how
and why they feel, think, look and act as they do?
3. Are you willing to LISTEN and to LEARN from others?
4. Do you understand the importance of -TEAMWORK- of
working together for a BIG GOAL, of helping and not
And TOWARDS OTHERS
1. Do you know your Subject?
1.1. It's important to know the BIG PICTURE FIRST
- it's PURPOSE (ideals, mission)
- its PRINCIPLES (standards, etc)
- its PROGRAMME ( what does it do)
- its PEOPLE (who's who a nd what's what?)
2. Do you keep INFORMED on what's going on?
So you can helps others keep up to
3. Do you know your own role in the Big Picture?
So you can work with others most
4. Do you know YOUR JOB, so you can work with others most
5. Are you getting ready for a BIGGER JOB tomorrow?
Are you preparing yourself for are